Work in Progress (No, really)

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Moved to Seattle

+ No comment yet
I moved a week or so ago. It's been a strange experience returning to the West Coast. Some parts have been fun, some not so much (like, returning to always being sick).

In Summary:


Food:
Lots of everything. Sadly the H-mart sucks here. I think I've only spotted like one Mcdonalds in the area I live (taco-bell/pizza hut and of course, Jack in the Box). There's a lot of Indian and other Asian restaurants as well as tons of other ethnic food. Unfortunately, the Afghani places seem far. Poor me.
Health-wise things seem a lot better. This place seems pretty big on eating good and stuff.


Driving:
Roads are weird and crappy. People lack common sense when driving. People drive slow. I could really go off on a tirade here, but I won't.


People:
Just look up the term "Seattle Freeze."


The whole tech-thing:
It's pretty real. The khutba was read off a laptop...but that's another story for another time.

Clothing:
Weird. Weird. Weird. Hipsters...so weird.

On the plus side, dress shirts are carried in sizes that actually fit me!


The Astaghfirullah:

Pretty astaghfirullah. But hey, that's the same no matter where you go.

Post a Comment